Sponsored by:

GT3tek front lip

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Revn29k00
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3tek front lip

Ever since I have purchased my car I have been searching for a used aero front bumper with no luck. I've decided to get a GT3tek front lip to finish off the front end. A couple of board members (LVC2 and onewhppedpuppy) have recently installed and posted pics of the GT3 front lip. Depending on the angle of the pictures it looks very different. Some of the pics I have seen it looks like it protrudes to far front and others it looks like it was meant to be on the car.

They offer two different lips. The GT3 lip http://www.gt3tek.com/products/gt3front.htm

and the aero2 lip
http://www.gt3tek.com/products/99699-01.htm

I'm looking for something more subtle and leaning toward the aero2 lip. I'm hoping others with either of these lips installed can post pics at various angles to help with my decision.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2014, 11:05 PM
G.T.
Advanced

If you're leaning towards the more subtle option, I think the aero2 might be the ticket. The GT3 lip does look like it does stick out a bit more compared to the aero2.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:02 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are all of the pictures that I have since install of my GT3 lip, sorry that they are crappy camera phone quality. I think the side profile matches up well with the aerokit1, it has the curved upwards swoop that ties in with the side skirts. The profile was the reason why I chose the GT3 lip, as I felt the sharp and straight crease of the Aero II lip better matched up with the sharply creased aerokit2 side skirts. The GT3 lip does appear to jut out further than the Aero II lip, I'm pretty conservative and consider it to be aggressive but not tacky. Either way you can't go too wrong.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Revn29k00
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the pics. I think the snow pic tells me a lot. When I saw the now build on the lip I think it might protrude a bit to much for my liking. I'm leaning towards the aero2 lip. Once i get the lip and install it I will post pics
Old 01-08-2014, 10:33 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Please do, I'd like to see the difference. Do you have the aerokit2 side skirts and rear wing?

Quick Reply: GT3tek front lip