Sponsored by:

Help with Choosing Suspension Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:23 PM
keithrobinson
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks folks,

I've spoken to Gert who recommended the B6 for lowering, I think this is going to be the best option. Works out at £870 delivered roughly (about 1k euros).

I assume the B6 and H&R springs is as close as you can get to the rare X74 option. If anyone has B6 with H&R's I'd like your opinion?

It's more than I wanted to spend, but I'll have the money saved by the end of Feb so I'll order them up then.

I'd thought of coilovers, I've ran them in other cars, but I'd rather have less setup once fitted, and coil overs will add an expensive corner weighting session into the setup which i'd rather avoid.

Keith
Old 01-08-2014, 05:30 PM
bornrich
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coilovers are a great upgrade and they DO NOT require corner weighting (balancing). As long as the ride height is set correctly and the alignment us done you are fine. Corner balancing is really only needed for fine tuning the handling on track.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:06 PM
jkh112
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a shame that your opc cannot get the m030 kit for you. My opc ordered a set for my facelift 996 last year. It took a while to arrive from Germany but was at a great price.
The ride is not harsh, it actually rides better than the car did before on the 10 year old standard suspension and of course it corners a lot flatter.

Quick Reply: Help with Choosing Suspension Kit