Sponsored by:

996 4S Front Diff Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 04:00 PM
suprmedic
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
If you had used a fraction of the energy you've used replying in this thread to actually try to help this guy out it would have been nice. Instead, you've wasted a bunch of his time (and anyone else's who's read it thinking there might be some useful information here), and clearly yours as well - which can't be very valuable since you keep posting this useless drivel... Is this really how "We" pro's do it?
Agree- seemed like the question was simple and if I knew the answer I would have provided for the guy instead of these passive aggressive responses. To each his own though...
Old 03-05-2017, 04:29 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by suprmedic
Agree- seemed like the question was simple and if I knew the answer I would have provided for the guy instead of these passive aggressive responses. To each his own though...
Usually SG is pretty helpful - it just seemed like he had a hard on for this guy... I take his explanation at face value - except for the "that's the way we roll on reenlist"... whatever...
Old 03-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

one more time
1. I gave him the part number for the seal to address his leak problem. Contrary to what the OP claimed it is easy to find the seal number and the part - Amazon & Pelican.I gave links.
2. I told him where to find the bearing part number.I told him where to find the replacement bearing and why.He already knew Porsche do not sell the bearing.
Nobody else bothered to contribute anything to help the OP.
Clearly I am wasting my time helping people. I have over 3000 posts on this and another site.I rarely ask a question.Most of my posts contain links and references to solving the problem for others.Not my problems, other peoples problems. And then I get style comments for trying to drag out from a rather evasive OP what he really needs or means. And he was sitting on some of the answers all the time and he failed to contribute any links from the many he claimed to have read to help others solve their problems.

Last edited by Schnell Gelb; 03-05-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:15 AM
Bemimue
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Again Front Diff Rebuild 996 Carrera 4

Dear All,
I know it is a quite old thread. I am just dismanteling the Diff and have now a problem to remove the pinion shaft nut (40) in order to remove the pinion shaft. Does somebody knew how to do this? What is the required torque for removing and for Setting up this nut later on. Thanks in advance for replying

Best Regards
Bemimue
Old 02-02-2021, 07:00 PM
LinwoodM
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnell Gelb
one more time
1. I gave him the part number for the seal to address his leak problem. Contrary to what the OP claimed it is easy to find the seal number and the part - Amazon & Pelican.I gave links.
2. I told him where to find the bearing part number.I told him where to find the replacement bearing and why.He already knew Porsche do not sell the bearing.
Nobody else bothered to contribute anything to help the OP.
Clearly I am wasting my time helping people. I have over 3000 posts on this and another site.I rarely ask a question.Most of my posts contain links and references to solving the problem for others.Not my problems, other peoples problems. And then I get style comments for trying to drag out from a rather evasive OP what he really needs or means. And he was sitting on some of the answers all the time and he failed to contribute any links from the many he claimed to have read to help others solve their problems.
Your posts helped me quite a bit. Here I am four years later doing this same job. You made it easy for me. Thanks a ton.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:16 PM
Schnell Gelb
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Glad it helped and hopefully others will find the front differential info useful.
Amusing to note I have never owned a 996 ,I was just being helpful.
The following 2 users liked this post by Schnell Gelb:
dporto (02-02-2021), LinwoodM (02-02-2021)

Quick Reply: 996 4S Front Diff Rebuild