Sunroof Creaking Need Guidance

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 02:35 AM
Ali Ahmed
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Sunroof Creaking Need Guidance

Hello All,

Newbie here. I recently bought an Mk01 996 and am loving the car. The car is pristine, but due to age I have dealt some small expected issues to keep it 100%.

Today I began dealing with the rattles and creaks. Had the drivers door panel off and found a very loose screw for the window winder motor which was rattling due to the base in the music and driving me insane. Tightened it up, put everything back together and scratched one more item off my list

Next I need to deal with the sunroof headliner. Only the part attached to the sunroof itself, which slides in/out. Above the drivers side while sunroof is closed and when the body flexes or if I press it in, there is an annoying creaking sound. I assume there may be some loose screws or parts needing lubrication. Tried to do a search here and on other forums on how to remove just this part, no luck. All instructions involve removing the complete head liner, which I dont really want to get involved in doing right now with the risk that I may not be able to put it back together. Anyone have experience with this? Your guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Sunroof Creaking Need Guidance