Sponsored by:

ruf front strut brace

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 05:33 PM
The Radium King
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default ruf front strut brace

hi. i'm building a ruf clone and wondering about the ruf front strut brace. from what I've seen from ruf, they tend to just rebrand stuff from other vendors (brakes, suspension, etc.). i presume the same is true for their front strut tower brace (looks a lot like a rennline piece) and i am wondering if there is even a ruf logo on it (not a lot of info or photos for that particular part available).

any info appreciated.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:00 PM
MiamiC70
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you flexing your front struts now?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:34 PM
The Radium King
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

im a believer in front strut braces on the 9x6. my boxster will 'sag' its shoulders if left on jack stands for too long. strut tops will try to spread apart under heavy cornering and the oem strut braces are not complete - you need the triangle completed by the aftermarket piece to fully brace the front end. and, the donor car for the ruf clone is at around 200k kms, so is probably getting a bit soft.

I can get an obx brace for under $100, or pay $500 for a ruf; wondering just what the difference is (or if someone has the ruf part they want to get rid of ...). I mean the ruf logo is moot, as it is hidden under the battery cover ...

Quick Reply: ruf front strut brace