996 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: LN Engineering

How To: Convert your AWD 996 to RWD

Old 10-31-2018, 01:40 PM
Hardback
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good work Andrew. I would suggest talking with your indy to get the car dialed in now that you've removed the awd system. My indy recommended adding a GT2 rear sway bar when I went 2wd. Not sure if you track the car but another benefit/side effect of 2wd is you are less likely to overheat your steering. This was problem for me after 3-4 track sessions with awd intact.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:49 PM
Andrewck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hardback View Post
Good work Andrew. I would suggest talking with your indy to get the car dialed in now that you've removed the awd system. My indy recommended adding a GT2 rear sway bar when I went 2wd. Not sure if you track the car but another benefit/side effect of 2wd is you are less likely to overheat your steering. This was problem for me after 3-4 track sessions with awd intact.
Thanks for the thought! Off to my indy tomorrow to discuss full suspension refresh, and will absolutely ask about the GT2 sway bar. Highly considering PSS10s and Powerflex bushings all around, but judging some of the bills I've seen, I may be exploring other options.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:53 AM
wolfrain
New User

Very interesting description, any gues if 997.1 has the same process for 4-to-2 conversion? Which is even more interesting - is there an easy way to make a 4wd carrera s out of a c2s by combining some sort of a kit...

Last edited by wolfrain; 11-01-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Capt. Obvious
User

997 AWD system is much different as far as I know and this process would not work. As for converting a C2 to a C4, it would not be possible without extensive modifications to the chassis of the car to make room for the AWD components. Also, the cost of acquiring the parts required for the conversion would be prohibitive (read: significantly cheaper to sell the C2 and replace with a C4).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How To: Convert your AWD 996 to RWD

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: