996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

HELP!?! Can Alarm codes be changed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 05:46 PM
VoilaGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default HELP!?! Can Alarm codes be changed?

3 nights ago from 2-3am my car started alarming.
2 nights ago the same until it armed/dis-armed 3 times in a row and then stopped.
Last night a stinger tow truck swooped up to my driveway and started backing in at 2:30am. While calling the police my car dis-armed and I walked out the front door(having just walked inside from smoking) and the truck bugged out. I jumped in my spirited new Ford Edge Sport and really appreciated the 305hp as I followed the tow truck through 3 cities, all the while being transferred through their respective police dept. dispatchers. BS!
But here's my concern, if they have the code, that it apparently took them 2 days to get, my car will not alert me to the activity. Can the code be changed so that I can at least have a heads up to their shenanigans next time? I've called the local 300% mark-up dealership only to keep getting a recording to leave a message, I cannot seem to reach my tech guy Karl Wilen at KC Rennsport either. Must be at an event?
Thanks in advance!

Sadly 1 car garage and it has an Italian toy in it.

On another note my car is highly modified and tucked in the rear on Champion tuned suspension with 2-3/4" clearance if they stinger my car the front end will not make it. The roads are made for water drainage and I have to drive carefully when it's rolling on all fours.
I am not allowed to shoot them so this is me crying. sob,

Quick Reply: HELP!?! Can Alarm codes be changed?