Sponsored by:

Newbie needs mechanic chicago metro

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Grnteufl11
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs mechanic chicago metro

Hello guys, I'm a new member to Rennlist and to Porsches in general. I just purchased a green 2000 C4 w. aero kit with just over 24K on it - I am very happy with the car and have no problems with it. I hope to post some pics soon! I can see why you guys are all addicted to these things, Ive got it bad! Anyway I have been trying to do as much homework on the car as possible - I am aware of the IMS issue on the 996s. I am looking for a reputable mechanic/shop in the Chicago metro/suburbs area to give it a good inspection ( esp IMS) if it is an issue. I would prefer a private independent shop with a personal touch! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! BTW I am also interested in joining PCA this summer - thanks
Old 04-21-2013, 12:43 AM
jml8785
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had the engine in my 2002 cab rebuilt by Midwest Eurosport. They are Porsche guru's. Located in Bensenville. Near O'Hare.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:02 AM
tmorrison
Track Day

Welcome !
Eurosport has been really great for me. I just my Oma done there,
I visited a few other Indy on town during my research on Eurosport really stood out.
Pm me any time
Tony
Old 04-21-2013, 11:03 AM
tmorrison
Track Day

Sorry
Had my ims done there...
Old 04-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Grnteufl11
Rennlist Member

Does Midwest allow you to purchase/bring your own parts? I am not trying to cut corners - just for simpler things (plugs, ignition wires etc.,) and I know some shops wont warranty their work this way but hey, anything to save some money! Also, do they do a computerized engine analysis? Also, may I ask tmorrison, what were charges for the IMS and what did you swap it out with? Thanks alot !
Old 04-22-2013, 12:17 AM
AckyE
Rennlist Member

Midwest Eurosport have a good reputation, I had several inspections done there. They are very thorough and knowledgable. I also hear Kurts German Autoworks is good, just one guy, apparently been doing this for a while. I called him as spoke to him, seemed quite decent. I probably will try him for the convenience since he is in Homer Glen and the last place I went were unable to diagnose an issue with my convertible top, but did a good job with my 60K service (done at 71K but finally got around to it!).
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Newbie needs mechanic chicago metro