Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Protective film or no protective film? That is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 11:34 PM
white out
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Do it.

My Viper had 3M clear vinyl on the front and behind the wheel arches. When it was peeled off at 40k miles the paint was perfect. The windshield was badly pitted.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 AM
Precision Auto
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our shop car has full coverage: full hood, full fenders, full doors, rocker panel and rear impact area. The lights, mirrors and door cups are also covered. In addition, I have ClearPlex on the windshield.

But then if you read my signature, you'll know my bias towards these products in all seriousness, I got into this business because I believe in the protective film products. Any respray on our P-Cars can cause depreciation, not to mention the hassle. My local clear bra installers can cut the film a little longer to tuck the edges, so you don't see the edges and lines in paint protection film.

As for which brand......well I represent both 3M and Xpel. The popular choice today is Xpel. However, I cut all my stoneguards, light protection, etc. out of 3M.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:42 AM
Precision Auto
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our shop car has full coverage: full hood, full fenders, full doors, rocker panel and rear impact area. The lights, mirrors and door cups are also covered. In addition, I have ClearPlex on the windshield.

But then if you read my signature, you'll know my bias towards these products in all seriousness, I got into this business because I believe in the protective film products. Any respray on our P-Cars can cause depreciation, not to mention the hassle. My local clear bra installers can cut the film a little longer to tuck the edges, so you don't see the edges and lines in paint protection film.

While I do track my car, I do find that the fwy miles can be just as brutal on your paint and windshield.

As for which brand......well I represent both 3M and Xpel. The popular choice today is Xpel. However, I cut all my stoneguards, light protection, etc. out of 3M.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Protective film or no protective film? That is the question.