996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Second Gear Popping Out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:58 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

T, thats why there should be a clear understanding in writing anytime an expensive repair, re-build, core, etc. type job is done. I would imagine there should be something even for small repairs that could turn expensive. Surely you guys had something in writing as to your agreement as to what would or would not have been done. Either way, sorry for your trouble or misunderstanding. This may not be the best thread to hash it out. Perhaps a better approach is to advise the new guys to "get it in writing" before an expensive trans repair.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did get it in writing! Thx for bringing up that important point. I hope all can see how GBOX deals with customers.

And for GBOX it will be a good lesson in accountability going forward.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:48 PM
DK570
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone have any more experience with the Gbox detent? I've only had 2nd gear pop out maybe 2 or 3 times over two years in very cold weather. I'm trying to decide if I should have this installed when I do the clutch. It seems a lot easier to get at when the transmission is out. My concern is that the other gears will engage deeper, possibly doing more harm than good. I may be trying to fix a problem that isn't there. I still have original fluid and will change that in spring (DIY), but am looking at doing the clutch (at a shop) this winter.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:15 AM
kgoertz
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed the Gbox detent about 2 years ago to solve the 2nd gear pop out (when cold only). It worked and I haven't had a problem since. I haven't noticed any issues with any other gear. If you have the transmission out it only takes 5 minutes to replace. I'd definitely recommend it.

Quick Reply: Second Gear Popping Out?