Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Wheel Dynamics 18's

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 04:49 PM
VonnGruhel
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on Wheel Dynamics 18's

got my car about 2 months ago, and it came w/ 19's. I love the pattern, but i moved to a town where road quality is among their last considerations, and the ride is just way too harsh.

Thinking about moving into an 18 w/ a slightly higher sidewall to make the ride smoother.

Specifically looking at the Wheel Dynamics 808's in 18".

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Link to their site below--the 808's are the first wheels featured

http://wheeldynamics.com/porsche_wheels.php
Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 PM
jpowers
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are talking about these I like em'

Old 04-10-2013, 02:25 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like that wheel, and in fact had ordered the set from Eli over at Wheel Dynamics. When I went to their shop to install my new wheels, I saw the black GT955s and fell in love with them. Eli was very understanding and cancelled my order for the 808s and hooked me up with the GT955s. The service is great and Eli Sesma is one of the most knowledgeable persons I know in the Porsche wheel business
Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 PM
wingnut2u
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am looking at putting on the 18" 808's on my Boxster. I have heard nothing but favorable responses about Wheel Dynamics. Make sure to post up some pics if you get them.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:49 PM
996_North
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Love the 808. They look sharp.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:30 PM
sds911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Turbo Style for my 40th Anniversary Ed. from Wheel Dynamics

I recently purchased the turbo wheels from Wheel Dynamics, and mounted with Blizzak LM 60s for my winter set up. Still snowing in Colorado, with 3 to 4 inches this morning.

Eli and his team are great to work with and I have nothing but good things to say about his shop.

I liked the 808's too, but more surface space to get dirty and scratched during winter use.
Attached Images  

Last edited by sds911; 04-14-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:01 PM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Look good, I would personally like to know a little more about how they are manufactured (cast or forged is a very big difference) also where some of these wheels are manufactured, I find some of the reliability and quality control of wheels made in places like China or Korea are lacking.

I had a set of cast wheels come on a kia the guy just picked up from the dealership. They were having problems with them leaking and couldn't figure out why. They were of Chinese manufacturer and when submerged in our dunk tank we found that they were leaking through the barrel due to porrosity from being improperly cast. There were no pin holes, no cracks, the wheels were brand new, but were porrus enough to leak out 15psi a day.

They could be decent but I just couldn't find any info on their website or in a quick google search about their manufacturing which makes me suspicious

TSW makes some good wheels, their Victor Equipment line features the same fitment benefits as the 808, the Innsbruck model looks similar in style to the 808, it is also rotary forged, and also offered for sale on their website
Old 04-14-2013, 07:02 PM
sds911
Rennlist Member

I'm sure Eli will answer any questions you may have about manufacture, warranty and quality of the wheels. There is always a trade off between those factors and price. For my winter set up, price was very important as I did not want to spend a lot of money for factory/OEM or high end aftermarket wheels which likely will get damaged during winter.

I also can highly recommend the Continental DWS for a better ride quality for a daily driver compared to the Michelin Pilot Sports. The Continental DWS also does well in light snow, but not so well on ice as I found out this winter.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Wheel Dynamics 18's