996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

2004 Carrera - Won't Start After Fueling

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 03:14 PM
phankinson
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have any rough starts after the regeneration valve was installed @gator996? Everything was working fine yesterday and she ran perfect after I filled it up with fuel. This morning when I started it, she started really rough. Don't know how else to explain it other than it was shaking fairly aggressively. I turned it off and started it again and it ran fine... Could be a fluke or maybe installed incorrectly (although it was fairly simple, don't think I could have installed it incorrectly)...?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:24 AM
phankinson
AutoX

Thought I might be having this issue:
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...t-startup.html

Put a clamp on the secondary air intake hose and it started up with no problems. Everything was running fine for about 15 minutes then my car came to a crawl and the CEL started flashing. Off to the dealer I go...
Old 04-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

No problems for me since the install. Did it start up normally but idle rough or did the original symptoms return of a hard start?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM
phankinson
AutoX

Looks like solving one issue popped up another issue. Going down the rabbit hole I guess.

Looked it over with the mechanic at the dealer and read 'Cylinder Misfire', took out the coils and one side all three of them were cracked extensively which was most likely causing issues. Parts should be here tomorrow along with a nice bill from the dealership. I needed to have the car safety inspected either way, so at least its there now.

Quick Reply: 2004 Carrera - Won't Start After Fueling