Sponsored by:

996/997 Prices Hit New Low

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 02:11 AM
spender
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevspada
Does it really matter what the values are doing for our cars? Every time we get into our car, turn the key, and listen to this fabulous example of mechanical genius come to life, all those concerns about valuations disappear. We bought these cars because we LOVE them. The concern about money is out the window. It's about the passion for the experience. I don't think anyone buys a Porsche to be frugal.
Just my 2 cents.
You said it! Bottom line is the most important thing about a Porsche is how it drives, and if it gets your heart racing. Does it really matter if the newer Honda Accord you pull up next to at the lights is worth more than your car? No, it doesn't - you still look way cooler and have more fun driving than they do. The 996 is a great deal in a car, I love mine for sure. But it's still just a car, and most cars depreciate and go down in value over time.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:05 AM
alpine003
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
It's kinda weird.....there are some real beater 996s out there now that the kids can afford them........buyer be ware
This is what's going to be scary for future buyers I fear. Not just kids buying these up and running them into the ground with sub par maintenance, repairs, and mods, but also the adults that have no business owning one of these on the first place doing the same things.

One could find themselves playing even more of a Russian roulette in the future when shopping for these cars that have already been through some of these hands.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hopefully the kids will continue to buy the ricers and drift cars. God knows there are enough of them that want to drag race me at red lights.

Quick Reply: 996/997 Prices Hit New Low