Received 621 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazyK
You may want to read again.
That's a Texas law, not a federal law.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Dstutler
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have the laser jammer and frankly the 1-2 seconds you have to react to the alarm, hit the jammer switch and slow down make it pretty tough to avoid being locked onto without giving away that you have the device. I was just tagged by laser at 55 in a 35 for a $325 ticket.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:16 PM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 336 Posts

My Laser jammer (K40) is passive, meaning it's always jamming.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:06 AM
steepsnow
Instructor

Dstutler, which brand do you have?
Did it manage to let you slow down a bit before he got a lock?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:08 AM
PCC
Instructor

Originally Posted by KrazyK
Effective Sept. 01, 2011

Sec. 547.616. RADAR INTERFERENCE DEVICES; OFFENSE.

(a) In this section, "radar interference device" means a device, a mechanism, an instrument, or equipment that is designed, manufactured, used, or intended to be used to interfere with, scramble, disrupt, or otherwise cause to malfunction a radar or laser device used to measure the speed of a motor vehicle by a law enforcement agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state, including a "radar jamming device," "jammer," "scrambler," or "diffuser." The term does not include a ham radio, band radio, or similar electronic device.

(b) A person, other than a law enforcement officer in the discharge of the officer's official duties, may not use, attempt to use, install, operate, or attempt to operate a radar interference device in a motor vehicle operated by the person.

(c) A person may not purchase, sell, or offer for sale a radar interference device to be used in a manner described by Subsection (b).

(d) A person who violates this section commits an offense. An offense under this subsection is a Class C misdemeanor.

Hmmm? Looks like your device fits within this law in our state. I would be careful with it. Many states now have a similar law.

Also, even if its not a STATE law you can have a CITY ordinance that prohibits it. Just be careful. Seems kind of strange to go to all this trouble of the install anyway. Who are you? Bandit One?

I don't understand your post. Do you drive your car 55 mph on the highway? I'm not a reckless driver but I like to drive fast when the conditions permit (i.e., clear day, no traffic, etc). Our cars are perfectly safe going 90 mph on an open highway. Unfortunately, no judge would see it that way. The majority of speeding tickets are merely another form of tax. I'm shocked any Porsche owner that bought his car to drive would adopt your tone.

What do you do when/if you drive fast? Simply pray there are no cops? Ridiculous.

I'm just curious if the laser jammers truly work. Most of the articles I've read say NO

Quick Reply: Radar/Laser jammer install