Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Hello and need much Advice on, New to Porsche with a 2003 4CS with IMS failure.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 12:02 PM
white out
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome to the club
Old 02-02-2013, 08:49 PM
David Clarke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep going! The motor is dead, potentially fatal, so pull it down and lets see what you have got. There are a few builds published on the the LS transplant, but until you get that motor apart and inspected, you don't know where your engine site on the scale. Have fun and I for one are very interested in what you find.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Cefalu
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like the moderator merged a couple of your threads into this one.

Here is an LS3 swap thread:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...onversion.html
Old 02-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Cefalu
Looks like the moderator merged a couple of your threads into this one.

Here is an LS3 swap thread:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...onversion.html
? Nothing was merged.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:36 AM
cpepper95129
Advanced

nice buy ! I think you can get a rebuilt engine for about $8 - $12 K depending on where you are. that's what I'd do. If you can't afford it then I'd still do it and sell the car, you'd make money for sure. There is a lot of good advice here on the board, though almost everyone thinks they are a certified Porsche mechanic so be sure to consult with a real good independent mechanic who might give you some advise locally. I mean I know you want to do it yourself but a good indy will likely steer you at least to some legit resources. Have fun with the project !!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Fierofly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First let me apologize for offending people, was NOT my intent. After posting on so many different boards this was the first time I’ve ever had SOMEONE close one of my posts for reasons I’m still not understanding. Done deal, I’ll get over it.
What upset me was I didn’t feel I had the time (wanting to start this build) to surf around the web to find the best Porsche site and this one came highly recommended. My original purpose was to try and find IMS tracking info to get a better understanding of where I was with this motor compared to others and maybe get some info on whether the original owner had any recourse with Porsche and to start a rebuild thread. The red flag went up when I had a post closed then I heard about people that thought their board was overcrowded with the same old info, then I worried if an LS swap would just get way too many flames.
SO, if I didn’t already make too many enemies I’d like to ask for your help and advice and constructive comments and I know a little flaming on swapping out my 996 for a LS3 or 7 motor.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:13 AM
David Clarke
Advanced

Take a look at this thread, kept me amused last year for ages following along.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...onversion.html

Quick Reply: Hello and need much Advice on, New to Porsche with a 2003 4CS with IMS failure.