Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

The latest update on my 996 buying saga...(beginning to think this might not happen)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013 | 05:11 PM
WalterRohrl
Pro

I've been to Irvine BMW, their used stock is usually in very good shape.

That car, from the pix, why is the front badge all black? The other thing is the CA plate. It is almost a new one. In CA the plates go with the car, not the owner. A new plate is usually only due to someone turning in personalized plates (very rare), bringing an older car into the state from somewhere else, or if the originals were stolen and need to be replaced. The dealer would in NO case get new plates for the car and install them on the lot prior to sale. People drive around CA all the time with no plates or temp tags for what seems like forever...
Most likely the car is from somewhere else, not necessarily the original owner. I did not look up the Carfax as someone above said they were able to. That might help to explain it.
Old 01-09-2013 | 05:13 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

It didn't strike me as a beat car from the pictures. It looked pretty clean and mostly stock. Carfax wasn't as impressive with no detail or facilities on the service info. And the 2X RMS seal leak.

Photos can be deceiving though... I've seen cars that looked much better in person than they did in the pictures (sometimes a nearly invisible defect really pop in the photos) and other cars that looked far worse in person than they did in photos (not photographing blemishes and/or fuzzy, low res pictures).
Old 01-09-2013 | 05:18 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

(duplicate/delete)
Old 01-09-2013 | 09:47 PM
3cyltrbo
Rennlist Member

its been an experience so far I must say that!

I agree with everyone that there will be other cars, and to just be patient.

The frustration just comes as a result of seemingly not getting the treatment that I believe I would provide to others (honesty / integrity etc...)

It doesn't seem a stretch to me to expect this.

On another front, that seal grey C4s that was posted here on Rennlist would be an ideal car but I don't want a cabriolet (I want a coupe) and as far as coupes go I would prefer a narrow body C2 over the C4s.

Will
Old 01-10-2013 | 03:58 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

To me, it does seem a stretch to always expect honesty and integrity from an car dealership salesperson... even in high-market dealerships.

Not to say there aren't many that do operate with integrity, but easily as many that do not. Often it's driven by high pressure management demanding results.

Quick Reply: The latest update on my 996 buying saga...(beginning to think this might not happen)