Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 10:23 PM
JRMaroon
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jzzzake
19" turbo wheels with Michelins all around,
Looks good.

Please provide the details on your tire / rim package. What is the offset of the rears and what size tires are on the rear?

Which Michelin tires are you running?

I am soon replacing my Bridgestone rears and am looking at Michelin Super Sports. The shoulders are more square than the Bridgestones and I am concerned about interference with the fender lip.

Thanks,
JR
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 AM
jzzzake
Track Day

Default Last Question

I have one last question everyone..here goes. In the am, when I start my car, she will start up and idle perfectly, but when I step on the gas, she will bog down, I can hear a slight popping in the engine compartment. If you keep your foot on the throttle, she will stall out. But if you feather the gas until you can move the idle up to around 2500 or 3000 the hesitation and bogging goes away and doesnt come back until you try to start the car. It happens only at initial start up.
Symptoms - bogging down at start up under throttle. slight backfire, hesitation, no check engine light
Parts already replaced - fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs,
Aftermarket parts - Headers, K&N cold air kit
Work done - removed and cleaned throttle body, replaced plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump

Any suggestions?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:33 AM
jzzzake
Track Day

I have one last question everyone..here goes. In the am, when I start my car, she will start up and idle perfectly, but when I step on the gas, she will bog down, I can hear a slight popping in the engine compartment. If you keep your foot on the throttle, she will stall out. But if you feather the gas until you can move the idle up to around 2500 or 3000 the hesitation and bogging goes away and doesnt come back until you try to start the car. It happens only at initial start up.
Symptoms - bogging down at start up under throttle. slight backfire, hesitation, no check engine light
Parts already replaced - fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs,
Aftermarket parts - Headers, K&N cold air kit
Work done - removed and cleaned throttle body, replaced plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump

Any suggestions?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Amille28
Advanced

I would double check your air pump (just down from your coolant reservoir). I've messed around and found some of that stuff disconnected. I've also had issues with a broken oil fill neck, and vacuum lines in and around the intake manifold leaking.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I likey!

Quick Reply: Big Thanks to All!!!