Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

Thank you for the follow up.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:28 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Glad you got it fixed.

Maybe we can agree on low pressure area instead of vacuum. Air pressure causes the cylinders to fill in a NA engine, not vacuum. This thread has regressed to the basic Otto cycle. (Old auto mech students will remember this)
Old 01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So it was the booster, as Mac said, and the only issue that you needed to have it towed for was to have it bled? Just want to make sure. If that was the case, did you try with a Motive Pressure bleeder or just the ol' pump it method? Just curious.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:51 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

he replaced the MC and booster... it was rusted therefore sticky... Bleed the brake lines often!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Baja Joe
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The master cyclinder was fine. But since I had to pull it, for $80 a new one was intalled.

I have pumped the brakes for fresh fluid a couple of time over the years. Just using the old pump the brake methods.

The culprit was for sure the booster. Even though I pulled the vacuum hose and put a long stick into the unit. It showed no water. But once I got the MC off you could see some rust inside. The guide bushings were dry and had rust. So at some point water had gottne inside.

I did the old pump the brakes method. And I would have liked to have tried the Motive Pressure Setup. But I made the choice to just use my free AAA towing and be done with it.
EDIT ; search is a good thing
https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...iy-w-pics.html
[B]Now I need to fix the horn bezel, blown fuses, and dead horn. Anyone know how to disconnect the airbag wires from inside the steering wheel? There is an electrical plug that for the life of me I could not get to disconnect./B]

Quick Reply: Replaced AOS....Now What?