Sponsored by:

Easist way to remove most coolant

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Easist way to remove most coolant

Hi , I plan to change out my coolant and just want to find the easist way to do that.
I plan to drain from the coolant drain plug on the engine, then disconnect the lower coolant hoses from both radiators.Would this work? Total capacity should be about 6 gals and I hope to get at least 4 gals out with this method.

Will do water pump and low temp t-stat the same time.

TIA
Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will need one of those UVIEW Air Lift tools for the refill process, and applying a vaccuum a couple of time draws quite a lot of coolant towards the drain plug.

What I find to work even better though is to disconnect both hoses that run to the front right by the engine, and apply compressed air on one side and catch fluid coming out the other side. Basically blow the coolant out of the hoses and radiators.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingpenguin
You will need one of those UVIEW Air Lift tools for the refill process, and applying a vaccuum a couple of time draws quite a lot of coolant towards the drain plug.

What I find to work even better though is to disconnect both hoses that run to the front right by the engine, and apply compressed air on one side and catch fluid coming out the other side. Basically blow the coolant out of the hoses and radiators.
Thanks! Exactly the info I was looking for.

Quick Reply: Easist way to remove most coolant