Sponsored by:

Speaker replacement for mid level "Hi fi system"

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 10:52 PM
xman95
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speaker replacement for mid level "Hi fi system"

I just purchased my 996 2004 C2 Cab and it has an aftermarket amp and a pioneer AVH-P6300BT but i have no idea if they swapped out speakers. The original build sheet shows it was a mid level hi fi system (non bose). I know my left front dash speaker sounds blown but i figured if 1 is gone i'd replace all of them. Tell me what speakers work in the dash (x 2) door (x2) and back seat (x2)? I have read the other postings but it seems like nothing will fit the front except oem speaker. help is appreciated.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:33 AM
spender
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No matter what you do, you'll need to Dremel up the front speaker mounts - search 986london on YouTube to see one creative solution. Otherwise, there is a guy on eBay who sells some parts that allow you to fit in new speakers without destroying your old ones. When I did my upgrade, I used Polk Audio db401 4" speakers - huge upgrade over stock and very well rated, not to mention inexpensive. However, if you've got the cash and the time to fiddle around with making some better speakers fit, there are lots of options. Make sure to check mounting depth on speakers before you buy...
Old 10-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Sundayjumper
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm part-way through fitting some CDT HD632 3-way components. 1" + 3" in dash, 6" in the doors. Required hacking up the stock dash speakers but they fit in quite nicely. Next stage is the doors.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Speaker replacement for mid level "Hi fi system"