Sponsored by:

Turbo Bumper/Narrow Body

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM
JCreasy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Bumper/Narrow Body

One last time, because I am getting different answers and getting ready to spend money with another member... I don't want to string him along or get pissed when what I get does not fit.

A 996 MkII turbo/C4S bumper cover will fit on a 2003 C2/NB. Correct?

I hate to sound like an idiot, but my understanding is that the whole "... wide body" is behind the "...waist" of the car. The nose is the same... Correct?

I am searching the forum and seeing what look to be NBs with a turbo nose... Captain Obvious (who has the best PIC on here so far) has his buddy's grey one that looks to be just that... With gold wheels.

Any help?

Thanks kids.

JKC

PS PICs coming soon. Mine is old and worn, but wheel upgrade and clear turn signals. (Doing a Jake Raby build up soon). It is not anywhere close to some of the beautiful cars posted on here but a pock-marked road car that has a certain feel of authenticity/comfort to it. Kinda like an old first base mit. Funny thing is that I still get first row parking with valets.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 895 Posts

A turbo or C4S front bumper cover will fit a MK II narrow body car without any problem. Many people have done it on this board and it looks great. The rear bumper cover will require modification to fit.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:40 PM
JCreasy
Instructor

Dennis,

Got it.

I don't what to do with the back end yet. The front end is just "... blah." Cpt. Obvious has a car with sill moulds and nothing in back. Looks neat.

Again, I'll post PICs soon, but you guys will freak. The car is gamey and honest and nicked up. But no matter.

Thanks for the reply.

JKC
Old 09-03-2012, 03:09 PM
95M3CSL
Advanced

The 2004 40th anniv edition 996 came with the c4s front bumper stock on what is a NB car. So it does fit the body up front. What bits there are behind the bumper shell to attach it to the nb that are different to the regular stock 996 bumper I don't know. However, those bits and air ducts etc can be found in a parts manual that should be easy to find on renntech or google.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 PM
b8_rdc
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone have a link to a thread detailing mods to wide rear bumper to fit a C2?

Quick Reply: Turbo Bumper/Narrow Body