996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

1999 C2 Cab top stopped working.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I usually close the top from inside the cab when the engine is still running and open it before I get inside by holding the key in the drivers door lock, turning and holding the key to the left. I always make sure the opening goes through the full sequence (that's until the side door windows start to come up) before releasing the key into the straight up position again. I then get in the seat and start the car. And as always with this car, checking all the dials to see everything is working as it should be. I never did that with any other vehicle I ever owned. This 996 has made me into a paranoid maniac haha. I have my eyes as much on the dash dials as I do on the road and rear view mirrors. I am a nervous wreck. "There coming to take me away haha ho ho hehe." dyawl remember that song about the funny farm? lol
Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 AM
jackarelli
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So just to update you as I like to give a thread (or hijacked thread) some closure

left the car for day and the roof started working again. so this tells me that it was battery related, not enough juice in the tank to operate the roof even with the engine running.

I am thinking of selling the car so I haven't been using it as much as I have been. I’ll put a pin it for now and see how it goes.

I’m off to blast some roads and change the battery

thanks for all of your useful and informative comments as usual

Jack

Quick Reply: 1999 C2 Cab top stopped working.