Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012 | 06:55 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default XPEL Headlight Protection Kit Installation Video

XPEL's New Headlight Installation Video

We recently posted our latest headlight kit installation video to demonstate how easy it is to apply this product to your Porsche.

The most common issue seen with composite headlamps is the sandblasting caused by rocks, road salt, debris and sand. This pitting and cracking not only affects the appearance, but it also reduces the performance of your lights. In some extreme cases, more commonly seen with fog lights mounted near to the ground, this can actually cause the lights to crack, allowing moisture to form inside the lens.

XPEL film is designed to protect from all of these elements. In fact, it can actually help restore lights that are showing signs of wear from pitting.

Acting like a wax, the adhesive fills in the surface defects, creating a shiny consistent surface while protecting from any further damage.

Old 08-07-2012 | 03:27 PM
kartboy1234
Intermediate

From: Palos Verdes Estates, CA or Davis, CA, Home and School

How much would it be for a 2003 996?
Old 08-07-2012 | 03:54 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kartboy1234
How much would it be for a 2003 996?
The cost would be $69.95. You can purchase our kits at www.xpel.com or thru many of our retailers that carry our product.
Old 08-07-2012 | 07:43 PM
MiamiC70
Three Wheelin'

Does it provide any UV protection?
Old 08-07-2012 | 09:26 PM
Mark I
Rennlist Member

My '04 C2 began to develop oxidation on both lenses. Polished it out, but it returned quickly with interest. Sanded & polished to like new; but, this time I added the xpel film. After a year, it's undetectible without touching it. Lights still look brand new. It's very thick & seems like it would withstand gravel and usual road debris. It's sold for much less by their dealers, i.e autoanything.com. Simple to install. My only surprise was how long it took for the milky patches of moisture to clear, but as advertised, those went away completely in time. I recommend it. No affiliation with anyone.

Quick Reply: XPEL Headlight Protection Kit Installation Video