Sponsored by:

body shop in Philly :( hit and run

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012 | 05:27 PM
SubzeroX
Racer

Default body shop in Philly :( hit and run

Unfortunately, after parking in center city i experienced a hit and run,

lots of damage, my insurance estimated 5k. Thank god for $500 deductible.

what was damaged was the aero bumper, right light, right fender. needs to be changed.

Anyone have any experience with shops? Right now, it's under the "geico" guaranteed shop, which they said they've had a good experience with, and it IS guaranteed, so i dont mind. Also said that they order all OEM parts from porsche. There are no mechanical repairs to be made to my knowledge, but if they take apart the bumper and fender and there are, I will definitely have geico take it to a porsche dealer/mechanic, because I think only Porsche should work on the mechanical aspect, body is not a big deal.

I dont want to give out the name yet for privacy reasons, but anyone have any experience around here? Thanks!

also, what are the 2 vents in the front of the car on either side.. looks like the AC cooler or what? the body shop guy said that's what it was, but i'm pretty sure he doesnt know ****
Old 07-28-2012 | 10:31 PM
silotwo
Banned

I'd suggest a Porsche Dealer body shop. I am in Allentown and the local dealer produces exceptional results. The definitely know Porsche and do a lot of high end work. Only about an hour north of Philly.
Old 07-29-2012 | 11:36 AM
Barn996
Race Director

By all means take it to a shop that has lots of experience with Porsches, GL with the fix.
Old 07-29-2012 | 03:10 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm
Instructor

if your porsche dealer ship is like ours down here they may not have a paint/bodyshop. but they can recomend where they send everything.

Quick Reply: body shop in Philly :( hit and run