Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 04:40 AM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 218 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Black Lug Bolts

We have black lug bolts available in both conical seat and ball seat. We also have them available in different lengths for spacers and can mix sizes depending on what spacers you use or do not use on the front and rear. They are made from SCM435 hardened steel and they use a 17mm head size for wheels that have small lug holes.

Pictured are the cone seat bolts.

PRICE- $120.00 / set

Give us a call at (310) 533-8900 and we can get them sent out to you on the same day that they are ordered. We are located in California so you can order them up to 6P.M. Easy Coast time and still get them out. We will also be stocking them in Pennsylvania soon at our East Coast location for low cost fast delivery to many locations.

Thanks-
-Craig
Old 07-16-2012, 05:25 PM
laz74
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

By what method do you get the color black? (ie. paint, powder, plated...)

Thanks
Old 07-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Its actually done in the manufacturing process for long lasting durability. It is an oil based color that is applied while the bolt is being manufactuered.
- Akrapovic - BMC - TechArt - H&R - By Design - AMS - CSF - Kline - NGK - TiLugs - HRE - M Engineering - ID Injectors -
FULL SERVICE INSTALLATION FACILITY - STATE OF THE ART WIND TUNNEL DYNO - ECU TUNING
WORLD-MOTORSPORTS.COM
Old 07-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

They look really nice. How are they holding up over time? (Especially with guys with impact wrenches!)
Old 07-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 103 Posts

How is rust with these?
Old 07-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have been selling them to the Mercedes guys for over a year now. I have never had a set sent back because of rust or chipping. Most of the returns I get are from Porsche people that are looking for the 19mm head and the separate ball seat on the lug bolt which mine does not have. Mine uses a 17mm head and the radius is attached to the head but it definitely has a very long lasting, durable finish.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I will warranty all of them for 6 months if that makes you feel more comfortable with them. I cannot tell you how well they will hold up for years of use but they are way better than everyone else's black lug bolts, I guarantee that.

We could have just painted them or powder coated them like everyone else but that wasn't a solution. We found absolution where they are colored during the manufacturing process and that has proven to be the best choice. We had to get each style and length made in numbers of 2000 units at a time which was a little tough to swallow but it has proven to be a good investment.

We also have other colors that we have moved onto that were geared towards the VW/AUDI guys. We call these Chameleon because they change colors depending on the angle you look at them.

There is actually two extra steps in the manufacturing process to make this color a reality so these bolts are $9.00/each as opposed to the all black ones that are $6.00/each. We also just received the same Chameleon bolts with a green tint instead of a blue tint and we will have them on sale soon.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Thanks-
-Craig
Old 07-17-2012, 07:09 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

If someone in here goes for it let me know the results please. I had previously purchased a set of black lug bolts from a very reputable individual and the ball seat did not provide nearly enough contact with the rim, (we measured by putting some "white-out" on the ball and tightended the lug bolt - then removed it). They were sent back, so I do not want to waste time and re-shipping $$$ if the ball, which is not a seperate piece, (so not interchangeable) doesn't provide the right seat with the wheel- I am running HRE wheels on the street.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Country911
If someone in here goes for it let me know the results please. I had previously purchased a set of black lug bolts from a very reputable individual and the ball seat did not provide nearly enough contact with the rim, (we measured by putting some "white-out" on the ball and tightended the lug bolt - then removed it). They were sent back, so I do not want to waste time and re-shipping $$$ if the ball, which is not a seperate piece, (so not interchangeable) doesn't provide the right seat with the wheel- I am running HRE wheels on the street.
Our ball is a 14mm radius which is smaller than the Porsche ball. The ball seat on a Porsche lug bolt is not "interchangeable", it is a permanent fixture on the lug bolt, it just spins freely. That is done so that the base of the bolt does not scar the wheel when it is installed. Porsche is the only one that does this, Mercedes, VW and AUDI all use the fixed ball.

If you compare the size to the factory Porsche bolt in the way that you described, you will never find an aftermarket lug bolt that will meet your requirements (at least I don't think you will).

If anyone is unsatisfied with the product that I send them I will happily take it back and give them a full refund. I know it is impossible to meet every customers expectations with the products that I sell but I can at least meet their expectations with the customer service that I provide.

-Craig
Old 07-18-2012, 12:25 AM
laz74
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it just not cost effective for you to produce a Porsche specific bolt emulating their design? If already going through the process of designing the bolt, why not replicate OEM's floating larger ball radius?

For the time being, I painted my lug bolt heads black, but I understand this is not a permanent solution, as the finish degrades after numerous wheel changes. So I am (and I'm sure many others are) looking for a product that's up to par with OEM.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by laz74
Is it just not cost effective for you to produce a Porsche specific bolt emulating their design? If already going through the process of designing the bolt, why not replicate OEM's floating larger ball radius?

For the time being, I painted my lug bolt heads black, but I understand this is not a permanent solution, as the finish degrades after numerous wheel changes. So I am (and I'm sure many others are) looking for a product that's up to par with OEM.
It's not cost effective because Porsche is the only brand that uses that. We mostly sell these for aftermarket wheels anyway that are of a different design and also utilize smaller openings most of the time. If it makes sense for us to do it we will, I will look intuit again in the near future.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:30 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Craig:
I sincerely appreciate the customer service "angle" and Kudo's to you for standing behind your product. I am not convinced that your lug bolts, with a smaller diameter ball seat, will provide me the level of safety I am seeking for street, let alone track applications. If, however, you do manufacture or stock black lug bolts with the larger ball diameter, please let me know, as I am definately intereted in a set.
GL, best wishes.

Quick Reply: Black Lug Bolts