Sponsored by:

996 lh frt fender drip

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
quiz2573
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 lh frt fender drip

Hi everyone I have a 04 40th w/a few mods .after a hard drive I have three dirt streams @ the rear lower section of the L.H. front fender.(or, I s this more clear?) behind the left frt fender@ about the junction of the fender and skirt
From liquid I assume. I noticed several of you have been given funny looks if you ask your p-tech about a problem. I got the same look. Any Ideas I ckd 12 pgs of this forum ,I learned a lot but nothing about this.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by quiz2573
Hi everyone I have a 04 40th w/a few mods .after a hard drive I have three dirt streams @ the rear lower section of the L.H. front fender.(or, I s this more clear?) behind the left frt fender@ about the junction of the fender and skirt
From liquid I assume. I noticed several of you have been given funny looks if you ask your p-tech about a problem. I got the same look. Any Ideas I ckd 12 pgs of this forum ,I learned a lot but nothing about this.
Are vital fluid levels ok?

The car has to go on a lift and a very careful/thorough inspection made in the area of the dirt streams to see if a leak can be spotted.

The radiators can leak, the A/C condensors can leak -- they are particularly at risk because they are exposed to rocks and stuff -- along with the power steering hydraulic fluid system, brake fluid system, the struts, and last but not least the windshield washer fluid (or head light washer fluid if you car has this feature).

Or another cause of the streams... Sometimes one runs over/through something, or an adjacent car runs over or through something, that splashes something on one's car.

And one more...I took one of my cars in for a leak when I noticed spots of fluid sprayed around the front wheel well liners.

Said fluid was from the tire shine the detailer used to spiff up the tire sidewalls.

No leak.

False alarm.

With the car in the air the tech will spot a leak if there is one.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

Window (headlight) washer fluid from a disconnected line from the pump? Not uncommon for these to pull apart.
Or water draining from the front tray or sunroof drains?
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 AM
relinuca
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The windshield washer and (optional) headlight washer systems share a common fluid reservoir located in the left front fender behind the fender liner, but have separate pumps; i.e., lots of things to leak here. Any reservoir leaks will appear on the floor at a point slightly front of the door seam.

relinuca
Old 07-12-2012, 05:09 PM
quiz2573
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I will have tech ck out at service nxt week. I will say streams are in same place on outside of car.

Quick Reply: 996 lh frt fender drip