Sponsored by:

My double din installation video

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 09:47 PM
rednerrus
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My double din installation video

For those interested, here's a video of my double din installation. it was my first time installing an aftermarket stereo.
Thanks to a couple of members here who helped me out with some info (Chomper129 and mirek) and to a youtube user (jackjarvis85) for his tutorial, also to Euro Motorspeed guys.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Chomper129
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad I could help out in any way. Looks great! I have a question for you. How well does the mic work in that position? was it difficult to fit it in the blank "button" ?

another note, if you don't use your cd tray anymore, you can get a storage cubby from suncoast that fits in the spot above the A/C controls.

Nice work!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:48 AM
clorigo
Instructor

Fantastic! Would love to do the same, and would be nice if it went as flawless and quick!

What head unit did you use?
Old 06-25-2012, 04:33 AM
rednerrus
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chomper129
Glad I could help out in any way. Looks great! I have a question for you. How well does the mic work in that position? was it difficult to fit it in the blank "button" ?

another note, if you don't use your cd tray anymore, you can get a storage cubby from suncoast that fits in the spot above the A/C controls.

Nice work!
The mic sucks, i don't know if its the position or the mic itself. All the reviews for the head unit said the mic was horrible, I put it there mainly for aesthetic purposes, I'm not gonna be using it much. It was pretty easy to fit it in the blank button, just drill smaller than the size of the mic, then slowly make the hole bigger til the mic fits snugly.
Yeah I'll probably buy a storage cubby later on when I get an iphone cable (when the new iphone comes out). I actually like the look of the CD holder better though so I left it. Thanks again for your help man! The wiring was a little different than the one you sent me, since I don't have a Nav and my 996 does not have amps, but those things you sent me helped out a lot!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:38 AM
rednerrus
Advanced

Originally Posted by clorigo
Fantastic! Would love to do the same, and would be nice if it went as flawless and quick!

What head unit did you use?
I wouldn't say it went "flawless", I had trouble dropping down the HVAC wires, took me like 30 mins, and my back was hurting after lol, and I blew the fuse after I was already done, when I was adjusting the cage.
It certainly was not quick, it took me approx 9 hours to do (It was my first time), but time was flying when I was doing it, at least I was progressing the whole time, I didn't get stuck or stumped anywhere, which made it kinda fun.
It's very doable though, so good luck to you!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 AM
jackarelli
Advanced

Ha ha! Glad my video (jackjarvis85) helped!
Nice job!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:54 AM
rednerrus
Advanced

Originally Posted by jackarelli
Ha ha! Glad my video (jackjarvis85) helped!
Nice job!
haha you'll see me watching your video on my phone in my video! thanks man!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:08 AM
jackarelli
Advanced

Originally Posted by rednerrus

haha you'll see me watching your video on my phone in my video! thanks man!
Yeah I clocked that, made me chuckle!

Glad it was of help for you and again nice job on the install, great video!

Sorry didn't reply to your comment. My YouTube doesn't inform me when I get comments like it used to.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:36 AM
rednerrus
Advanced

Originally Posted by jackarelli
Yeah I clocked that, made me chuckle!

Glad it was of help for you and again nice job on the install, great video!

Sorry didn't reply to your comment. My YouTube doesn't inform me when I get comments like it used to.
Thanks, and no worries, i posted that comment the day of the install, i didnt expect you to be on youtube 24/7. I had help from other sources that helped me figure it out.

Quick Reply: My double din installation video