Sponsored by:

Considering Fister D Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 02:34 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by X51
I installed them on my 997S last week myself and they are great. I echo all the other comments about Darin and his company - great to work with and a great product. Sounds just as good as the PSE did on my 996 and that's what I was after. I look forward to starting up my car every time!
Thanks for the great feedback

Originally Posted by 996 FAN
Thanks for all of the comments to my thread. Yes I received MY Fister D's from Darrin and had them installed by my indy mech....Wow, they sound Great.....The Beast within my Porsche has been RELEASED!!! They are tame when you wanna chill and a Beast when you hit the Gas...Wow Wee!!
I'm glad you like them Time to release the beast! I like that

Originally Posted by AIRLESSMILES
Well I don't know if I should have gone with the Fister D's, but I had a local shop do the work for me and the sound was no different than stock. All of the videos I hear sound much louder than mine. I paid $240 for all the work, since he took down the mufflers at his shop and what not. Now I noticed that the Fister D's have a small pipe welded in the middle of the outlet/inlet, whereas other mods I saw had them cut the 3rd outlet and weld a pipe from there to the outlet pipe. This is what I had done. I had him install a 2-1/4" pupe so I'm not sure if this is the reason why. In any case, the only difference I did notice was a slightly faster throttle response. So at this point, I am now considering some used muffler bypass pipes. Suggestions????
I would start with a fresh set of mufflers and have us do the mod for you. Then sell your current mufflers on ebay and get some of your money back.
Bypass pipes sound cool but are pretty darn loud. Many find them to be too much over time, but who knows you may like them!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 AM
chriswit1
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I just have to say that I have the Fister Mod with the Eurocup GT twin intake... And my car sounds absolutely amazing... IMO! I can drive quiet, or gun it and be nice and loud, or gun it under a bridge or in a tunnel and sound like a BEAST!

-Go for it.... You won't regret it I promise!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:07 AM
Slopeslider
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chriswit1
I just have to say that I have the Fister Mod with the Eurocup GT twin intake... And my car sounds absolutely amazing... IMO! I can drive quiet, or gun it and be nice and loud, or gun it under a bridge or in a tunnel and sound like a BEAST!

-Go for it.... You won't regret it I promise!
Chriswit how do you like your intake set-up? In combo with th exhaust have noticed any improvement in throttle response, etc...
Old 11-04-2012, 05:06 PM
luvmy911
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just sent my request in - kind of excited because of what I am reading here. Also, with my car being in the shop since I bought it, its like getting a new car again!

Question - I am interested in a cooler sound but no too loud. Not so loud that it wont wake the family up upon start up in the garage - Is there something specific I should be asking for when they contact me?

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:49 PM
Coloradocurt
Instructor

I'm intrigued by this mod to the stock mufflers, but I'm on a fence.
My recently acquired 2003 996 C4S had a bunch of mods done by one of the previous owners - but with much of the wrenching more towards the shadetree level of professionalism than I would have liked. I'm just done pulling the mufflers on my way to installing new spark plugs, and both the mufflers and stainless headers look aftermarket. I haven't a clue as to the brand/quality/effect on sound/performance (especially relative to the Fister mod), so if anyone can give me some feedback that would be helpful. And those tailpipe tips may be a clue to a common source.
The car also included the original mufflers, so the fence-sitting is whether to send the stock ones to Fister for the mod, or to appreciate and enjoy the ones that came on the car.
Thanks for the input.
Attached Images    
Old 03-24-2014, 07:57 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

I think it would depend on how it sounds now. If you like it, I would say keep it.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:05 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 168 Posts

I looooove my new Fister D's. And I looooooved the tubi exhaust that came with my 99. Between the two I liked the tubi a little better but the price comparison is no contest.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Coloradocurt
Instructor

Anyone recognize those mufflers? Possibly from Agency??

Quick Reply: Considering Fister D Muffler