Sponsored by:

ABS 5.3 brake bleed with Durametric Pro

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:55 AM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ABS 5.3 brake bleed with Durametric Pro

I've just invested in a durametric professional and would like to perform an ABS5.3 / TC secondary circuit bleed (99 996C2 ABS5.3/TC no PSM).

I've found this reference to a procedure for bleeding the later model PSM based ABS units but the durametric pages are quite different for the non PSM cars. see pic.

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/elec...functions.html

Whilst the latest software (v6) does include the ability to turn specific valves and pumps on/off - Unlike the PST2 there doesn't seem to be a single button to activate a sequence of ABS pump & valve operations to achieve a secondary circuit bleed.

The workshop manual mentions that the PST2 will actuate the return pump/switch off and switch over valves but it isnt specific about duty cycles and such.

Has anyone else been down this path before that can shed some light on the correct procedure?

I've contacted Durametric as well, just waiting on a response now.
Attached Images    
Old 07-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Derboost
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever get a answer for the correct sequence?
Old 07-14-2012, 12:01 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Derboost
Did you ever get a answer for the correct sequence?
They opened a support ticket and I have to respond with some log files, which I haven't done as yet.

I recall someone else saying that nothing seemed to happen when they turned on the pumps - I noticed that too and then I noticed a small error message in the corner of the durametric screen saying that the command failed to send (or words to that effect) , so there is that issue to contend with as well.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Derboost
Track Day

thanks, just replaced my master cyl and getting psm abs lights, have you ever heard of a way to activate the pump by direct wire?
hopefully durametric will work, I just don't want to buy one till someone gets it working for abs flush.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:06 PM
pold9000
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Derboost
thanks, just replaced my master cyl and getting psm abs lights, have you ever heard of a way to activate the pump by direct wire?
hopefully durametric will work, I just don't want to buy one till someone gets it working for abs flush.
hello
i have the same problem
get you an advice for bleeding the secondary circuit? i have durametric professionell but it seems not to work - i see the menu but cant do anything.
my car is a 996 c4 year 2002

please let me know or anyone can help me?

my car has the abs 5.7?

bye wolfgang
Old 08-12-2016, 01:24 AM
aussieboxy
4th Gear

Default Same

I know this an old tread but I have the exact same issue. Durametric don't have anything that can help which is very dissapointing considering I was assured by them buying the entusiast unit would do the job.

Does anyone have any info that could assist?

Thanks
Old 02-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 622 Posts

Also reviving this old thread....I am running Durametric Pro, software version 6 and have the same issue on my 2003 C2. When I activate the booster pump nothing happens. I have sent to logs to Durametric and they have responded that the logs indicated "conditions not correct" to run the booster pump, no errors are shown, and they are looking into it.

Did anyone who has posted in this thread ever get resolution on this issue?
Old 02-03-2018, 04:38 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Here's a not so secret, Durametric blames all problems with their equipment on the car. It's been documented time and time again. I have a gen 1 cable that I had to pry out of their hands that fixed all of the problems that they claimed weren't their fault. I'd be happy to ship it to you to borrow if you want.

Also, bleeding the PSM is not necessary. Many have raced without issue without worrying about it.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Slakker
Here's a not so secret, Durametric blames all problems with their equipment on the car. It's been documented time and time again. I have a gen 1 cable that I had to pry out of their hands that fixed all of the problems that they claimed weren't their fault. I'd be happy to ship it to you to borrow if you want.

Also, bleeding the PSM is not necessary. Many have raced without issue without worrying about it.
Perhaps that's why noone ever posted a resolution to this issue. It appears the earlier version of Durametric had an "ABS Bleed" button in the ABS screen, but in Durametric 6 this is gone and you are supposed to run it via the booster pump button, however this does not work. I have thought maybe I should play around w/ the other valves (switch over and boost pressure valves)...maybe the booster pump won't run b/c these valves are not lined up properly to bleed.

Quick Reply: ABS 5.3 brake bleed with Durametric Pro