Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

suspension bushings - did anybody do the upgrade ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 01:05 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal
Ahhh. . . Typo. Noise, Vibration, Harshness.
It will be hard to determine the real difference vs. how the car felt when it rolled off the showroom floor 12 years ago.

In my personal opinion, the risk of trying the Powerflex bushings is fairly low if you can do the work yourself.

I am very happy with the result of just a fresh set of LCA inner bushings, which seem to be the most vulnerable.

JP
Old 06-08-2012, 05:50 PM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I have expirence with powerflex on BMW's and the Company's description has been accurate. More focused than stock but not bone shaking...
Old 05-08-2022, 09:46 AM
porker944
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I replaced every single bush with Powerflex. Bought new suspension control arms, installed on those, then swapped the control arms with new bushes so the car would not have to wait for too long. Also installed H&R anti roll bars with Powerflex bushes. I wanted to be on a safe side, did not want a squicking noisy bushes, so I bought a jar of copper paste. I applied plenty of paste with a small paint brush. Very happy with the results. I cannot notice any difference whatsoever in noise levels. I hope this helps. Cheers.
The following 2 users liked this post by porker944:
dporto (05-08-2022), TheChunkNorris (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 09:00 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,028 Likes on 939 Posts

Originally Posted by porker944
I replaced every single bush with Powerflex. Bought new suspension control arms, installed on those, then swapped the control arms with new bushes so the car would not have to wait for too long. Also installed H&R anti roll bars with Powerflex bushes. I wanted to be on a safe side, did not want a squicking noisy bushes, so I bought a jar of copper paste. I applied plenty of paste with a small paint brush. Very happy with the results. I cannot notice any difference whatsoever in noise levels. I hope this helps. Cheers.
The person who started this thread doesn't own the car anymore but I'm sure people will def agree the poly bushings are a better option.

Quick Reply: suspension bushings - did anybody do the upgrade ?