Sponsored by:

Agency Power Roll Bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 03:49 PM
oMenRC51
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Agency Power Roll Bar

Has anyone installed this product and been successful of removing the cross and horizontal bar to have a passenger in the right, rear passenger seat?

http://www.agency-power.com/catalog/...uo048kcecvq714

I am interested in this bar so that I can have 2 total passengers if need be when I am off the track.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by oMenRC51; 05-21-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: dain bramage
Old 05-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

GMG sells a harness bar without the cross brace. Not sure how affective it would be if you rolled the car however. Check their website.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:12 PM
oMenRC51
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts

HardB- Thanks for the the reply. Yeah, im looking for a roll bar not just a harness bar.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,469 Likes on 809 Posts

I have this bar in my car and I would never allow a passenger in the rear of my car with any type of roll bar/hoop. Even with the cross bars removed, there is more than enough metal to hurt them in a crash or even hard braking. It's just too cramped back there, even for very small people.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by oMenRC51
HardB- Thanks for the the reply. Yeah, im looking for a roll bar not just a harness bar.
Yes, I understand. The term GMG uses "harness bar" is misleading as the actual product is a roll bar without the cross bracing. Seems to be exactly what you are looking for. It is a roll bar with the same mounting points the tequip bar uses.
Porsche made a tequip bar without the cross bracing as well however I doubt you can find one at this point.

Captain makes a good point. Any roll bar can be a serious hazard if your passengers are not secured and the bar is not wrapped foam.
Attached Images  
Old 05-22-2012, 11:59 AM
dotframe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've always read that even foam doesn't reduce the risk. I looked closely at this as well before finally deciding to rid myself of the back seats.

Even without the cross bars they are right there in the way. Especially ones that attach to the rear seat belt mounts.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dotframe
I've always read that even foam doesn't reduce the risk. I looked closely at this as well before finally deciding to rid myself of the back seats.

Even without the cross bars they are right there in the way. Especially ones that attach to the rear seat belt mounts.
I agree completely. I would never allow a passenger in the backseat with a rollbar in place, foam or no foam. But lets be real here... there are many things a passenger can crush their melon on in an accident.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:35 PM
911FM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar roll bar from vivid racing. Like it very much. It fits with the existing mounting points and does not require any drilling.

I had the exact same intention of being able to remove the diagonal and horizontal bars to put my kids in the back when not on the track.
With the whole thing now installed, I have to agree with Capt. Obvious. It would be hard and maybe unsafe to put a passenger in the back with the vertical metal bars. You will need at minimum to pad them heavily.

FM

Quick Reply: Agency Power Roll Bar