Sponsored by:

Help - Fibre Optic Output On CDR23 to Connect Denison Lite

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 03:51 AM
Jeffers1
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Fibre Optic Output On CDR23 to Connect Denison Lite

After reading all sorts of threads, especially in this section of the forum, on how to get my Ipod connected to my CDR23 on my 2005 996.2 GT3 I opted for the Denison Lite which plugs into the cars fibre optic system.

I then read loads of threads on how to install the Denison Lite / 500 but I have come up against a problem I can't solve and I need your help please.

My car doesn't have the multi CD changer or the amp which is where most of these systems plug into the Fibre Optic connection. I have stripped the front trunk to pieces and there is no Fibre Optic connections in there. I then removed the head unit and there is also no Fibre Optic cables connected to the back of the CDR23 head unit itself so there appears to be no fibre optics on my car to plug the Denison unit into :? :? :? There is just a plastic blanking plug in the Fibre Optic connector on the back of the head unit. I've tried searching to see if you can get a Fibre Optic cable to plug into the back of the CDR23 but can't find anything.

It's now driving me crazy so if anyone else has come across this some helpful advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:58 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

you might have better luck on the 996GT3 forum.
I did the install on my car but I had the amp and the cd charger so it was the "usual" install.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:26 PM
D6lc
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Philooo

did you fit the Denison Lite to yours?

Quick Reply: Help - Fibre Optic Output On CDR23 to Connect Denison Lite