Sponsored by:

European spec OEM taillights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Zmonsta
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default European spec OEM taillights?

I'm brought over my 99' 996 to Belgium and am going through importation process. During the official inspection, they want me to change my tail lights to European spec ones (with reflectors and fog lights, which it has and functional), he is citing the lack of letter "F" on the fog light is the problem. The funny thing is that I don't have the lights with yellow lens (early 996), and the ones on the car is original OEM ones.

Does any one know if there is a different Euro spec taillight?

btw: for those wondering what else I needed to change, actually nothing else cosmetically. But they found my GT3 sway bars, and no adjustable sways allowed, so I have to change it back to original.. I left my old ones in US, luckily found a cheap used set locally.

thx for your help in advance.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Axeman
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

The US tail lights are a different part number. For the Euro ones you need the following:

996-631-486-00 (Right)
996-631-485-00 (Left)

Good luck!
Old 04-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

pictures please
Old 04-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Zmonsta
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Axeman, that's info is exactly what I've been looking for. My options are to either switch out to these lights or add aftermarket fog + stick on reflectors to same location.. Since I'm only here for 2 more years, I think I will take 2nd option. Not prettiest, but cheapest on the wallet.

Zookie, I myself also wants to see the difference. From googleing pics, I don't see the difference, it most likely just the E-Coding on it that makes it special.

Quick Reply: European spec OEM taillights?