Sponsored by:

Alarm randomly going off

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:55 PM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm randomly going off

My alarm is randomly going off. The doors lock, the alarm sets, and no horn beep as normal. After an hour or two, the alarm just starts honking so I can't leave my car locked anywhere.

Hooked up my Durametric and got alarm code 60 (frequency 1) and alarm code 33 (frequency 2). Thought I could set the alarm and check frequencies again once it went off, but they did not increment.

Next step is to set the alarm and disable the interior motion to see if it still goes off.

Do not think it's related, thought I'd mention it though, but the car was recently in the shop for a clutch/AOS/IMS Retrofit/RMS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2000 996 Cab
Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you have an aftermarket radio? I had this problem after installing my Avic - it turned out the radio alarm wire was disconnected during the install
Old 03-19-2012, 01:29 AM
sheatley
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Mine was triggered by movement inside the car. Turned out to be the sunshade moving as the sun heated it up. Now, when I used a shade, I deactivate the inside sensor.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:18 AM
carcster88
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine was just what the forum said it was....aftermarket stereo. Got the wiring fixed and did not have a problem again. What you can do for a temp fix is lock the car, then hit unlock quick and let it autolock. Takes about 30 seconds if I remember. That is what I did till I got it figured out. At least I had it locked without having the alarm go off. Hope this helps you like it did me until I got it figured out.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 AM
DFC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. It is the stock stereo, however, I have noticed recently some random "interference" for 5-10 seconds on occasion, could be something related. Think I will order the removal tools and pull the stereo to check the wiring.

I plan to try the double lock to deactivate the motion alarm today after work and see if that works, at least it will help isolate the the source.

Quick Reply: Alarm randomly going off