Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Oil Report from Blackstone...what does it all mean???

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Kazual99
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil Report from Blackstone...what does it all mean???

I’m Looking for feedback on my oil report from Blackstone. Nothing in particular, just your observations and comparisons based on prior experience on what the numbers may indicate.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Not too much experience but the only thing that catches my eye is the SUS viscosity @ 210F reading and the cSt Viscosity @ 100C reading.

If my interpretation of these numbers is correct this oil's lost some viscosity and that's a tiny bit troubling.

You might want to consider 5K (or fewer?...) mile oil/filter services noting that this oil has 4500 miles on it.

Just to be clear, I'm not a big fan of waiting for 'metals' to show in an oil analysis as a sign that the oil needs to be changed.

To me this like removing one's hand from a hot object only when one smells flesh burning...

But save the numbers I mentioned above, I see nothing to be really concerned about.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:26 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Not a bad report. What oil and viscosity are you running?

This is your base line. Keep doing them. One report won't tell you much. You need to see a trend/pattern with future tests. You can buy tests in bulk (6) for about $19 each.

Quick Reply: Oil Report from Blackstone...what does it all mean???