Sponsored by:

Audi radio harness not working.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:36 PM
mikeswift
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi radio harness not working.

I am trying to install Clarion Nav in my 996 99 Cab.

I bought a radio harness on ebay that appeared to look like the one that comes in those 169$ ebay radio kits. When i tried installing the harness i realized I am missing one wire. The crutchfield adapter has 5 wires out on the black plug where the audi one only has 4. The missing one i think might be the power antenna adapter. (The audi harness looks alot like the boxster one, as that one only has 4 wires out too)

The Nav unit works fine, on 3 wires, black/orange/yellow. I can plug an external speaker and works fine, I can plug home amp and it works fine, but I cant get the in car AMP to power up.

My 3 culprits are the amp fuse is gone, but I cant find where would that fuse be located as all the fuses in the car appear to be fine.

The other culprit the is Red plug (amp plug) has all wires mixed up, the power inputs seem ok (cheked the wiring diagram) but the audio pre-amp out could be wired all wrong, but I am getting no hiss from the speakers so I am leaning towards the amp not turning on.

The last one is I had the porsche equlizer unit (DSP? DLP?), I unpluged it because I needed to put my AC control down there. So maybe thats why the amp is not turning on. (The amp is a Nikon unit).

Anyone has a clue what might be wrong? I am loosing patience to with the radio as I have couple other projects to finish before driving season starts which will be in few days.

Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: Audi radio harness not working.