Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Opinion on potential 996 with some issues...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Invius
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny Story: I had the PPI done down in Naples. I live in Tampa, FL, and drove 3 hours to look at the car, drive it, and get the PPI done (advertised as no issues...obviously not the case, but it warranted the 3 hour drive there and 3 hours back). Anyway, I set an appointment at Auto Europa in Naples. There used to be a great Porsche mechanic that worked there, and they [I]used[I] to be well respected for their Euro work. I show up on time, with the car, and tell the manager the same thing I requested on the phone-- PPI, as well as remove oil filter, cut it open, look for ferrous metals, and replace it with a new one, and a quart or so oil that is lost. I show up, and am directed to the service manager who informs me "we don't really work on Porsche's these days." My reply was something along the lines of "funny, why are you guys still setting appointments for them then?" Anywho, as fortune happened, they still had the number of the very well respected P-Car mechanic who used to work there and called him. the break-up was bad, but he agreed to meet with me (Russ Fournier, couldn't be a nicer guy) I tried to find him through various forms of cyber-stalking, but only came up with a bad e-mail address, and no new location.

Anywho, if you need a PPI done in or around Naples, Russ's new shop is Naples Euro Sport 239-285-3134, and he is a great guy.

Quick Reply: Opinion on potential 996 with some issues...