Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

HELP! Need your guys' advice! My Porsche indy damaged my car and is avoiding me now!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Zapna
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, you are one patient guy. I lived in SoFla for 10 years and couldn't wait to get out of there for just this kind of thing that seems to happen all the time down there. Me? I would send my buddy over there to break his legs! But the reasonable thing to do is file with your insurance and have them deal with it. When I have had to do that in the past, I didn't have to pay the deductible and it had no impact on my insurance rate. I had a Jag when I lived down there and was very happy with Alpine Jaguar, although I never used their body shop. Good luck!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:26 PM
C4CRNA
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

#1 Police report.#2 Insurance claim, and then you'll see results
Good Luck
Old 02-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I stopped reading after you let him keep the car for 3 weeks to do the intial repair/IMS. Then you let him give you the runaround for doing the body work repairs for an additional 3 months. Are you kidding me? Go through your insurance company. It is no different than if someone hit you in a parking lot. They will cover it and make a claim against HIS insurance company. You should not have to use your deductible and since it is not your fault it won't affect your record. And for G-d sakes man, do it today!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Diablo360
Instructor

Thank you guys for your input! I called my insurance company this morning and they are taking care of everything! The lesson learned is not to be too lenient when it comes to these types of problems. One week turns into two, then three, etc..... Never again!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Topaz330ci
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a slimeball! I would go there and deal with it on the spot face to face and I wouldn't leave untill it is resolved 100%, like he said.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Topaz330ci
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Diablo360
Thank you guys for your input! I called my insurance company this morning and they are taking care of everything! The lesson learned is not to be too lenient when it comes to these types of problems. One week turns into two, then three, etc..... Never again!
Good job! Next time, never wait that long! Keep us posted on the process/outcome.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Diablo360
Instructor

I always feel guilty when confronting people is this manner, as this type of action is always a "last resort" for me. However, I realized that since I was notified of the damage NOT ONE FREAKING PHONE CALL was made to me by my mechanic in an effort to fix my car, and only 1 of my 10-15+ emails were ever responded to. So much for feeling bad...... And now after my insurance contacts them I've been receiving emails and calls all day lol.....
Old 02-01-2012, 06:07 PM
ChristopherG
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You were way too reasonable on the wait. Hope the car comes out nicely. Be absolutely sure you are happy with the paint color match in sunlight on a clean car before signing off on the repair.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

You're totally unreasonable......to wait this long Glad you're covered by your insurance company. Keep is posted.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:34 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

I always feel guilty when confronting people is this manner, as this type of action is always a "last resort" for me. However, I realized that since I was notified of the damage NOT ONE FREAKING PHONE CALL was made to me by my mechanic in an effort to fix my car, and only 1 of my 10-15+ emails were ever responded to. So much for feeling bad...... And now after my insurance contacts them I've been receiving emails and calls all day lol.....
People's behavior when $$ may leave their pocket is amazing. Spread the story about your treatment to other potential and existing clients. A dropoff in his business will be a solid payback.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go in person and make a stink.

Failing that, inform him that you will proceed with insurance.

GL
Old 02-01-2012, 09:50 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

(Unless I've missed it), WHY have you NOT identified this scum shop?!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Diablo360
Instructor

Originally Posted by aviography
(Unless I've missed it), WHY have you NOT identified this scum shop?!
As of now things are settled and my car is going to be fixed 100% according to my terms. Aside from this issue I've had no problems with the shop in question or the quality of their work. This does not absolve them from what they did wrong, but I'm not going to ruin someones reputation, along with the reputation of their business partner who had nothing to do with this incident, now that they've finally stepped up and admitted responsibility and are taking actions to bring this matter to a conclusion. I'm not a vindictive person by nature so this is the way I choose to do things for now....... The party involved knows what he did wrong and hopefully he will run his business differently in the future and pay more attention to the needs of his customers.....
Old 02-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just don't do with us what you did with him to pee him off to trash your car
Probably took time to get a cut from referals to the body and paint shop so you were real fun
Or life just sucks sometimes
All happy faces now......well......unless you ticked off a paint and body shop owner
Old 02-02-2012, 12:24 AM
aviography
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

As of now things are settled and my car is going to be fixed 100% according to my terms. Aside from this issue I've had no problems with the shop in question or the quality of their work. This does not absolve them from what they did wrong, but I'm not going to ruin someones reputation, along with the reputation of their business partner who had nothing to do with this incident, now that they've finally stepped up and admitted responsibility and are taking actions to bring this matter to a conclusion. I'm not a vindictive person by nature so this is the way I choose to do things for now....... The party involved knows what he did wrong and hopefully he will run his business differently in the future and pay more attention to the needs of his customers.....
Ah, so you are getting some response, hopefully it will last through the damage being repaired successfully.

I had a very unpleasant buying experience from a Canadian Rennlist member a couple of months ago when the item he shipped me was broken in a couple of places even though he claimed in his ad this item from a 997 he just bought "looks new, probably never used", the ironic part is that the picture he showed in his For Sale thread already showed one of those broken area but it wasn't obvious unless one looked at it very closely.

You can imagine my dismay when he flipped out on me to say I need to file a claim with CanPar the shipping company, I told him I am not going to defraud CanPar when the item did not break during shipping! He continued to refuse refunding me the purchase amount for several days then suddenly he refunded me a small portion through PayPal with the comment: "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I AM DOING THIS, BUT..."

I informed him I could use the pouch for this item so I propose he refund me all but $40 which was very fair for the pouch, he refused and added some nasty comments that he knew I was trouble when he first started dealing with me.

At that point I informed him I will pursue PayPal claim if he does not refund what I had requested which was the full amount less $40 for the carrying pouch, he replied that he " will do the same!" to which I can only shake my head on the stupidity of his comments and actions.

I took a day to get all my facts together, and was just about to go through PayPal claim when he miraclously refunded the amount I asked less $5, perhaps just to make a point that he "won", and he added the comment: "HAPPY?" with the refund no less, I could have responded with a lot of nasty comments but I decided not to waste my breathe.

The point of my rant above is that I seriously thought about identifying this member here too even after he had made the second refund, but decided against doing so at the end since he's sold other items recently to other Rennlist members without issues, so I suppose I understand where you are coming from, but I think we are both a little too nice about our respective situations.

Rest assured if I ever hear another member having problems with this seller I dealt with, then I WILL provide full account of my experience dealing with him without a second thought!

Quick Reply: HELP! Need your guys' advice! My Porsche indy damaged my car and is avoiding me now!