need more info on Bose High End package

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 03:03 AM
sun_dance
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need more info on Bose High End package

Hi,

I'm looking for some technical specs on the 996 C4S Bose high end package (12 speaker system). Does someone have this info? For example, how many watts are each driver? I'm going to be replacing the HU and amp and want to reuse the existing speakers, however not sure what amp would work best.

thanks
Old 01-27-2012, 07:30 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

Don't. Bose's MO is to use cheap speakers and compensate with signal processing. If you change the electronics it will sound like crap. put in good speakers. I got the Pioneer AVICX930BT and replace the speakers (don't remember the brand) and had an Alpine amp put in and a sub box on the rear deck. It's a killer set up and the phone integration is really good too.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:30 AM
turbosjedi
Advanced

sun dance.....I put up with the Bose system for three days before ripping it out. How Porsche could install from the factory on a 131k car a system that is marginally better than what Edison did 110 years ago....so I too swapped out the head unit for the pioneer AVIC-Z130 BT, and a Focal speaker system throughout the car. I removed the spare tire and crap from the front well, and installed the crossovers, amps, and XM module. You have to be careful of a couple of things though....the head unit takes some skill to completely remove, as do the door panels...getting all that wire through three layers of firewall is not fun either....but now I have a stereo commiserate with what should have been in the car to begin with...yell at me...I will send you some photos of the install and final look.

Quick Reply: need more info on Bose High End package