First Dyno run with custom SC-Problem #'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:44 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mother
...around 18-20 kg/hr mass air flow...
This isn't far from stock specs IIRC, in fact might be just about spot on (at idle mind you). I'm almost wondering if the resistor is causing the problems, or there is a problem with intake.

If I remember right, there was a highly technical discussion about AFR, MAF resistor, and intake size on renntech.org which included 1999porshce911's advice. I'll try to dig this up in case you haven't read it.

It might have been this one???

http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...el-air-mixture

You've read it right?

LOL on the donations, you're the one that has shelled out all those bones for a custom FI setup!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trendy996
I spoke with vf and they said they have had a 997s at 475 with the same kit but on race gas. I know it has a few more liters than us but...
They use 42lb bosch green injectors also. I asked about a 4-450 hp mark and they replied the oem pump can't handle that flow.
Is there not a GIAC dealer near you with a dyno? I know they have made plenty of custom files for Audi guys with custom setups.

I just find it weird you have to 'fool' the maf for a tune.
Sorry not going to read through 12 pages to see what size pulley you used but I'm assuming 3.25" since that is what the vf kit uses for 6psi.

I will be adding to the kit to run atleast 400 whp. I have all winter to gather my parts I will be using.
There are plenty of tuners and dyno tuners in my area with ones I am friends with as well so not worried as much. If I were you I would mimick as much as possible vf's kit to get it running right then tweak it to your liking since you are having major issues.
Yes it is a 3.25 but if building your own the knowledge in that thread has got me hear The boxed injectors said 42lbs but had them flowed tested within 2 percent of each other and folowed 48lbs. My build is very close but could be just far off enough to have a VF software be useless. I will see about the GIAC and have not check the phoenix area.

some pics of my build
http://www.webbspot.com/porsche/

Forgot to mention the intake has changed on website and has not been updated in years sorry.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by logray
This isn't far from stock specs IIRC, in fact might be just about spot on (at idle mind you). I'm almost wondering if the resistor is causing the problems, or there is a problem with intake.

If I remember right, there was a highly technical discussion about AFR, MAF resistor, and intake size on renntech.org which included 1999porshce911's advice. I'll try to dig this up in case you haven't read it.

It might have been this one???

http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...el-air-mixture

You've read it right?

LOL on the donations, you're the one that has shelled out all those bones for a custom FI setup!
I agree with it not being far off on the kg/hr it seems when go to WOT them slow some push in clutch it hunts and dies but driven normally seems to idle so beats me tune or May when rain stops I will change out the resistors.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Update: Well back to drawing board the SC high speed bearing is KA-PUT and the timing is way off.

Quick Reply: First Dyno run with custom SC-Problem #'s