Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:02 PM
jasper
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Lighting wise, yes, that's what I'm thinking. Flourescent tube lights on the ceiling, lights along the wall, maybe on dimmers (I'm doing a big screen tv eventually with some surround sound action). About a million electrical outlets,some switched, a few 240V outlets scattered around, cat-5 cables, co-ax tv cables...

I won't close up the walls until all the wiring is done.

The carpet was a cast away from a neighbour. I grabbed it this summer with the plan to put it in the shop. We'll see how it holds up.

The door I got is a roll up affair. It's quiet and very unobtrusive. The design comes from Australia of all places. It was called Garador until recently when the local guy got in over his head and had to form a new company called smart garage. Nevermind the guy's business trouble, the product itself is fantastic.

You can't imagine the feeling of pushing a button when I pull into my driveway and driving straight into this shop/garage. After 46 years of wanting something.anything, I have this now. Sure I could have had a 996 GT3 instead...but where would I have parked it?

Will keep you posted as I get on. The next few moves won't be cosmetic so much..a lot of electrical right.

cheers and merry Xmas to all.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:25 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts

Looks like it really matches the house, too!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:56 AM
relinuca
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Other garage essentials: big screen/wall mounted TV set on SpeedTV channel w/roof mounted satellite dish, refrigerator, '82s boom box for tunes, telecom+high-speed internet access, two comfy chairs, used desk and chair w/reading lamp, and small aux. space heater for warming feet in winter. Now, you're good to go.

relinuca
Old 12-25-2011, 01:25 PM
ltusler
Three Wheelin'

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts

More light than you think. Overhead air reel 1/2"x50' so it can reach outside. Watch your local online auction house for 24"x96"x96" palett racking, its usually blue. Various and sundry rolling platforms to put things on. Sheetrock the walls then put OSB around the bottom 4', hold up 1/2" from floor. Glue on vinyl base. At least seal the concrete with a couple coats so sweeping isn't such a chore. Frame and hang all of those posters you've been saving. Its an evolving thing, been working at mine for 12 years. Take some time to contemplate the details with a few adult beverages.

Quick Reply: did someone say garage?