Sponsored by:

Droplinks C2 vs C4 vs GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Droplinks C2 vs C4 vs GT3

My understanding from various searches was that the GT3 swaybars cannot be fitted to a C2 without updating the droplinks, but that the C4 droplinks did fit the GT3 bars. However, when I do a search on the part numbers I kick up different numbers (and very different prices) for the C4 droplinks versus the GT3 droplinks. Does anyone know if this fits with the stock droplinks on a C4, and what if any difference there is between the C4 droplink and the GT3?

Thanks,

Shawn
Old 09-27-2011, 04:06 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Do you have a picture of the stock C4 front suspension?

I don't know the answer to this question specific to the C4.

On a C2 the shape of the end of the sway bar is different from the shape of the end of the GT3 bar. On a C2 the bar turns down, on a GT3 the end of the bar is straight. Because of this the standard C2 end links are too long to work with a GT3 bar. There are two options with the C2 to run GT3 bars, shorten the stock links by I think 20mm each side, or run shorter, adjustable links. Not many people feel very safe cutting down the standard links so they go with the adjustable ones...and for good reason. The GT3 links won't work on a C2 because they're just about the same length as the stock C2 link however on a GT3 the links upper mounting location is on a spin-on collar on the coilover itself (higher up) and on a C2 the upper link is mounted to the pinch bolt on the Wheel Carrier.

Quick Reply: Droplinks C2 vs C4 vs GT3