Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Part number help: Tequipment roll bar bolts ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Part number help: Tequipment roll bar bolts ?

Hello

anybody have the part number for the tequipment roll bar bolts ? I bought the bar used and the screws were stripped. I tried to buy from hardware store but the threading was not the same, instead of guessing what to buy I'd rather buy the stock bolts if there is a part number for them

thanks for your help you part number maniacs

Phil
Old 09-15-2011, 09:26 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

000.044.801.63 is what I came up with "SEAT CROSSMEMBER KIT".

However, for the price (around $150 at www.porscheoemparts.com). But before you go out and buy that part, since I can't get any details for it, I would encourage you to take your stripped bolts to a larger (better) hardware store that has a larger (better) bolt selection (or research Fastenal). The hardware store and someone knowledgable will without a doubt be able to find the correct thread size. For example, standard pitch, fine pitch, or super fine pitch (just guessing your problem is with pitch).

Next, another piece of advice, if the bolts are stripped, it is possible the nuts or studs are as well. In which case you'll need to research helicoil or timesert.

Good luck!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:58 PM
logray
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also forgot to mention, since it is your safety we are talking about go for hardened hardware, such as 10.9 or 12.9 grade... unless the bolts are really big, which if they are grade 8 is probably OK.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:49 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

I tried to check fastenal website and really they don't have anything that match

I need...I think 7/16-20 x 2" in grade 8
but they really don't have any. I will try to shop for more tomorrow and drop by a fastenal shop to see if they can re-thread my screws.

The bolt came from a used bar, and the bolt I removed from my car are perfect so the thread are good on the car, that is why I really don't want to take a chance and mess them up.

If anybody find a place where I can buy the bolt only, please send links

crazy but amazon seems to have the best answer so far:
Amazon Amazon
Old 09-15-2011, 10:55 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

I just found this,
http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...EQ_KATALOG.pdf

I think the parts I need are in there but which one exactly ... mystery

my bolts are 50mm long in the back and 90mm long in the front... so I can't see anything matching..
Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2011, 11:28 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

I bought a 7/16 x 20 die (the disc thingy with the hole in the middle to thread bolts) to rebuild my stripped bolt, but the bolt doesn't fit in it... that is weird no ?

To rebuild my 7/16 bolt, I need a 7/16 tap, right ? or do i need one bigger ? I checked and it is a 20 setting, matching the bolt thread.

sorry for the newbie question

Quick Reply: Part number help: Tequipment roll bar bolts ?