Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

hit & run - front bumper damage

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011 | 05:29 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Buy a used cover, respray if necessary and do the aero kit in stages ie, rocker covers first, then maybe a cabrio rear wing.
Old 05-19-2012 | 01:51 PM
Kolshak
Racer

FYI - added recent pics & resolution to first post in thread.....thanks Rennlist!
Old 05-19-2012 | 11:00 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Originally Posted by ivangene
first off - F$&K!!!

that blows man!!

is it a stock or Aero bumper...if Aero, they are not cheap...really not cheap! - if stock I suggest waiting for one to pop up used in good shape, lots of them do. Check the classifies or go to the other sub-forums (like racing) and put a "wanted" thread...someone has one they would love you to take out of thier garage...trust me - that or one of the dismantlers like DC auto

in the meantime get a cool sticker and cover it up, something you like and that is funny...makes you smile and you know its temporary so you can have a spot of fun with it...

when you asked where to get a cover I guessed you didnt want to involve your insurance....this isnt going to be cheap, if you are insured you may re-consider it

I type slow and see you are thinking of using the insurance now...
good idea! - the MOST IMPORTANT THING is to make sure the shop uses the right paint and not some cheap paint...there is plenty of data here..search it out and make sure you are happy....never "settle" for a crappy job! - FWIW my little scuff ended up at the $5k mark on my 996 and Pete had an $8.5k bill for his parking lot mishap - like I say, not cheap!
The word OUCH with a large yellow marker next to the damage would have looked good and would ahve made me smile. That F*^%er should be hung drawn and quartered...Glad you got it all fixed up... and cheap as well.
Old 05-20-2012 | 09:44 PM
Kolshak
Racer

Originally Posted by Hurdigurdiman
The word OUCH with a large yellow marker next to the damage would have looked good and would ahve made me smile. That F*^%er should be hung drawn and quartered...Glad you got it all fixed up... and cheap as well.
Thanks, i was surprised how well it turned out.

Quick Reply: hit & run - front bumper damage