Sponsored by:

TechArt Coilover - make an offer $

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:13 AM
Jacks911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts
Wink TechArt Coilover - make an offer $

I have the TechArt Coil-over suspension I took off my C4 available for a good home. New owner must agree to care about this fine German engineering & workmanship, and offer the TLC it deserves. Requires room and board in a C4, no C2's. Additionally, to make this new relationship a happy one, you will need to include a new set of Bilstein inserts in the front, and some updated Drop links. The estimated part cost is anywhere from $600 to $750. Now that may seem like a lot, but add that to the $1500 OBO Shipped to your door if it is west of the Mississippi. I am asking to consummate this relationship ... and you can see the result is still a great saving from the $3500 asking price of a new kit. So don't wait this great offer won't wait... the gavel is about to...

TechArt PN 996.200.260.009
Old 09-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts

A couple of questions:

1) Why are different drop links required? Are they not included as part of the setup or does something about the geometry of this setup require parts other than stock?

2) How many miles are on the setup?

Thanks,

Shawn
Old 09-02-2011, 04:01 AM
Jacks911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Shawn, This suspension came with TechArt links that are different length that stock. Part of this is do to the 30mm drop in ride height capability in the adjustable coil seats. I am not sure of the miles on this set as I am the forth owner. The PO thought the owner #2 had these put on - but Worst case they where put on Day one and the C4 had 75000 mile when I took them off. As the ride was quite firm well controlled - and the Bilstein's are said to last 100,000 mile or more - I assume they have good life left in them - but that said - one of the fronts needs to be replaced due to a bent rod - that is why they came off & I switched to PSS9's. The Bilstein inserts are available as are adjustable links.

Quick Reply: TechArt Coilover - make an offer $