Sponsored by:

Automotion/Ecklers customer service problem-long post

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
DCQT
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automotion/Ecklers customer service problem-long post

Long time lurker, first time posting. I have owned my 1999 porsche C2 for more than 10 years, this is my second porsche (first one was a 1986 930 turbo). Through forums such as this and Renntech, I learned a great deal about my C2. This has made my porshe ownership experience very rewarding. The C2 is also my daily driver, as such; I rather not spend excessively on mods. In the summer of 2009, I decided to update the car with a set of wheels (GT3 replica) from Automotion/Ecklers. I ordered 2 wheels for the front and 2 for the rear. They sent me 4 for the front (human error). After contacting their customer service department, they shipped out 2 rear wheels immediately. I was immpressed by their CRM. Fast forward to 2011. Due to my lack of parallel parking skills, I decided to replace 2 of my wheels. They sent me the proper wheels this time; but, 1 was heavily damaged from shipping and the other had defects in the casting. I contacted Their CS department to swap them out. The 2 replacement wheels that I received was also not acceptable. One of them appears as though it was reboxed and sent back (same defects in the same place), and the other one was also damaged in shipping (as noted with fedex). Once again, I contacted their CS department. The first CS rep I spoke with said "No problem, we'll swap them out for you". I later received an email from another CS rep, requesting documentations of the damaged wheels. I found this rather unusual. I made a follow-up call, a few days (weekend) after sending documentations of the damaged wheels. They claimed that it was not received. I contacted their supervisor, and sent it to her. Still no response. I also left a couple of messages on her voicemail, still no callback. This situation unfolded in the span of 3 weeks. At this stage, my only recourse is to dispute it with my credit card company. I understand that this might not be the best way to introduce myself to the Rennlist community. I have benefitted greatly from this community, and this is my way of contributing (sharing the good and bad experiences of porsche ownership).
Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 PM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm sorry you're having trouble.
I've order many items including rims brakes etc without any problem. I've never had any damage or mixed items so I can't speak for customer service.
I hope all gets resolved.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Last Car
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I have also done business with "Automotion/Ecklers" and have always had a great experience with them. I've been doing business with them, with my Corvette as far back as 1995 and have been at their location in Titusville.

I also had a problem with ""Fedex"" as they left my parts at the wrong house. After a week I contacted the folks at Automotion and they told me that the parts had been sent out the day I ordered them. So they contacted Fedex and then found out that my stuff was left at the wrong house and had Fedex go get it and bring it to me; then they called me back and told me what had happened and to expect my stuff in the next couple of days. I have never had a good experience with "Fedex".................
So, you might give them one more try before you give up on them.

Hope this works out for you,
Old 08-05-2011, 01:32 PM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 675 Likes on 402 Posts

From a recent experience similar to the OP's, Automotion has exceptionally poor customer "service". And it's not just one or two people, it's pervasive. Not to mention being on hold for nearly an hour- twice. I will never purchase anything from them again. Ever.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:45 PM
C4CRNA
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You first post is suppost to be with photo's of your car.

Quick Reply: Automotion/Ecklers customer service problem-long post