Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Should I be concerned with this oily area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011 | 09:34 AM
Goldenwarrior1
Pro

Just my personal opinion but that car has had a hard life and neglected. If the pictures look that rough I can only imagine what is hidden under its skin! My advice is to walk away and keep looking. These cars are not cheap to maintain and if you have a lot of stuff to fix after you buy it, you will be in for far more than if you paid the premium for a clean well maintained car. Just my 2 cents!!
Old 08-04-2011 | 06:47 PM
aviography
Drifting

PPI done, oil is from the Vario cam seal and cylinder 1 oil tube, no signs of RMS or IMS oil leak, will finalize deal tomorrow, but still can't fully plate the car until I get the rear tires replaced which is going to take until next week since the tires I want have to be ordered in.....

This was taken last weekend when I checked out the car, needs a good polishing as there are lots of swirl marks.
Attached Images  

Last edited by aviography; 08-04-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-04-2011 | 08:43 PM
jdog
Pro

Originally Posted by aviography
PPI done, oil is from the Vario cam seal and cylinder 1 oil tube, no signs of RMS or IMS oil leak, will finalize deal tomorrow, but still can't fully plate the car until I get the rear tires replaced which is going to take until next week since the tires I want have to be ordered in.....

This was taken last weekend when I checked out the car, needs a good polishing as there are lots of swirl marks.
Nice Car!! Drive it until you experience pure pleasure. Which may take a while btw.

Quick Reply: Should I be concerned with this oily area?