Sponsored by:

2003 C4S Speaker Upgrade and Amplifier Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 12:43 AM
spender
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, perryinva!

I should mention that I did finally do my upgrade a few weeks ago - but like perryinva, it was a heck of a lot of work with a Dremel and miscellaneous "fiddling around". After doing quite a bit of research, I decided to go with Polk Audio's db401 4" coaxial speakers - these were pretty much among the best reviewed 4" speakers (especially given their great price) on Crutchfield and Sonix - plus they fit perfectly. I would for sure recommend these speakers - unbeatable on the price notably (rare in a Porsche to get something great that costs less!)

The difference in sound is quite astounding! Overall definition, imaging and clarity are through the roof now! As noted previously my system is powered in part by the built-in amp on the head unit (which runs the rear speakers), while the front speakers and the subs are fired off an Alpine amp in the frunk. The bass (now that I can adjust it) that the subs throw with the help of the amp is pretty good in my view, "for a white guy" (to quote the Offspring).

Thanks everyone (especially jeneric) for all of your encouragement, it was greatly appreciated!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:22 PM
jeneric996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds great! You're welcome, spender.

I might just upgrade my dash speakers too.

Quick Reply: 2003 C4S Speaker Upgrade and Amplifier Adjustment