996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

HELP PCM 2.0 NOT WORKING AFTER BOOST!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts
Default HELP PCM 2.0 NOT WORKING AFTER BOOST!!

Well i have had this issues for the second time this week after washing my car https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...-16-volts.html Anyways my battery was dead this AM, so i had to Boost it again. Well everything and every light in and out teh car works except my PCM... It does not turn on or neither any off the Lights come on the PCM... I checked the Fuse "D 8" (Correct Fuse?) in the Fuse box and it looks good, even swaped it and no luck... Whats the deal? PCM has a 10amp Fuse on the Back of the Unit that i have not checked yet, could it be that? hope its not fried
Old 06-20-2011, 01:01 AM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

Sounds like you are getting water on the alternator/regulator (regulator lives on the back of the alternator faces the front of the car) Is your rear sunroof drain misaligned somehow allowing/channeling water intot he engine bay? Or maybe the drains on the sides of the water shield under the engine grill are clogged letting water collect and run into the engine bay onto the alternator?

To answer a Q on the other wet alternator thread, the regulator can be changed.

Finding a voltage regulator
Through various sources I found and confirmed that the Bosch number for the regulator in the Porsche alternator is F-00M-145-225. It would appear that this part isn’t actually listed anywhere as a separate item, although I did manage to track one down on e-bay. All is not lost though, as the same part is available under different part numbers. Various websites cross reference the above part number with the regulator for various Volkswagens from the similar years as well as Audi’s and Mercedes. For reference a commonly available part seems to be the F-00M-145-350 or F-00M-145-341 for VW, Audi, and Mercedes which fit perfectly.

These sites reference the different part numbers and various companies offer a replacement part for the Bosch part. These companies usually only have one part number and list ALL the Bosch numbers as equivalents. Here are a few of several possible sources of information. I would like to suggest that you google the part numbers yourself to double check. I have satisfied myself but I cannot guarantee 100%. I can tell you that my car is behaving perfectly with the F 00M 145 350 part.

(Ref; http://www.woodauto.com/Component.aspx?Ref=VRG46473
OR
http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforu.../t-187174.html
OR
http://www.jnelectric.com/bombridge....umber=F00M1453 50&manufacturer=Bosch&description=Regulator%2C+Ele ctronic )

I suspect that the different vehicle manufacturers insist that Bosch supply parts with a unique part number or that Bosch manufacture identical parts in different locations and assign part numbers to each. If anyone can give me an informed answer to this or if they can tell me if there really is any difference between them I would LOVE to know!
Attached Images
Attached Images  
Old 06-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Fixed, had 2 blown fuses due to faulty alternator. Got new alternator
Old 06-27-2011, 11:49 AM
jml3p
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
Could you tell me what fuses have blown?
Rgds
jl
Old 06-27-2011, 11:58 AM
jml3p
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Help/advice on navigation not working please

Hi
I have 03 996 C2 man with PCM2

Local garage have replaced the battery and since then the clock on the dashboard has stopped working - and also the sat nav thinks its about 100 miles away from where i actually am!

I have tried 1-4-8 on satnav, reset the clock etc. Status on satnav says that no satelites are being seen, is this because i have not reset it properly or could the antenna be bust?

Can anyone help please

Many thanks in advance

Rgds
Jonathan

Quick Reply: HELP PCM 2.0 NOT WORKING AFTER BOOST!!