Sponsored by:

OEM Wheels Spacers or H&R?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM
reynwerkes
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
this is 15mm all around... Sport Design Wheels 7.5 front, 10 rears.

This is 15mm front, 7mm rear

Wow! Even with 15mm on the rear the wheel really sits a ways out.
I wonder if 10mm would be the way to go on the rear???
Old 05-12-2011, 05:43 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

3mm is .118 of an inch, I think it will sit better for this wheel.... but it is all subjective.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

if you use 7mm front the hub has enough lip left to center the wheel. This is the principal of HUBCENTRIC, the hub is used to make the wheel mount at the exact center. The rears have little hub lip so if you add hardly any width spacer you have to buy a spacer that has another lip protruding from it to replicate the hub so the wheel will be aligned to center. And that spacer must also sit and fit to the hubs lip so its under cut on the inside to fit to the hub. You have to check every spacer to make sure it is cut this way .
There are several on ebay that say specifically cut for porsche. Most are cnc cut by the sellers locally and are high quality aluminium. I cant see much point paying tripple+ the price for a disc of aluminium that has little mechanical function, that I can buy for $35 to $85 pr.
The bigger difference in quality would be buying really good lug bolts , That could break and cause an accident. Buy ones made of 10.9 steel, instead of cheaper metal foreign made bolts. Several on ebay in longer lengths and 10.9, and some chrome or black. Or german RAD which are what you get with the h&r sets.

Quick Reply: OEM Wheels Spacers or H&R?